Child's Permit to Work
Dream Maker Talent Management
Instructions on Working Permits for Children
Here's the link for the child work permit. You also need to have a trust fund.
- Download 15-day temporary work permit
- Trust fund
- Also, see below for final documents
For a minor who doesn't have a passport, we need a document from List B & C.
Assuming the minor is under 18, we need:
- School Record or Report Card or
- Clinic, Doctor or Hospital Record or
- Day Care or Nursery School Record
- Social Security Card or
- Original or Certified Copy of a Birth Certificate
Agents and parents assume that a Social Security Card and a Birth Certificate will satisfy the requirements, but they don't. They're from the same list.
Any bank can open a trust account. Required is a UTMA (UNIFORM TRUST TO MINORS ACCOUNT) or a UGMA (UNIFORM GIFT TO MINORS ACCOUNT). Or you can open a blocked trust at the following places:
- ACTORS FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
Call (212) 869-8926 and ask for Member Services.
- FIRST ENTERTAINMENT CREDIT UNION
Call 1-888-800-3328 X362.
YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WORK WITHOUT THESE DOCUMENTS!